Connect with us

Latest News

Six People were Murdered in Turkey’s Blast; the Bombing Suspect was Captured Hours Later; The Minister Blames the PKK.

Published

on

The explosive that exploded on Istanbul’s Istiklal Avenue was “left by the individual,” according to the interior ministry.

In Istanbul, Turkey, at least six people have been killed in an explosion. An arrest has been made in connection with a bombing suspect. According to the state-run Anadolu media, Turkey’s interior minister Suleyman Soylu said on Monday that the person is thought to have set the device.

Soylu claimed that the bomb assault was the fault of the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK). He was reported by the news agency AFP as saying, “Based on our findings, the terrorist organisation PKK is accountable.”

The bombing “smells like terrorism,” according to Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan. Additionally, he and the vice president of the nation, Faut Oktay, claimed that the attack was carried out by a “woman” bomber.

In the incident that occurred on Sunday, an explosion that shook the busy pedestrian street resulted in six fatalities and 81 injuries.

After the explosion, video footage of hundreds of people running away from the scene emerged online. Black smoke had enveloped the area, and police and ambulances had arrived. Visitors, families, and shoppers throng the location as usual.

As others fled the scene after the explosion, parents were seen holding their children in their arms as some people were spotted lying on the ground.

A Turkish government ministry employee and his daughter were among the fatalities, according to later reports from the authorities.According to news agency Reuters, two of the five injured people who were transferred to intensive care in a hospital were in a critical condition.

At a news conference, Erdogan stated that attempts to “defeat Turkey and the Turkish people through terrorism will fail today just as they did yesterday and as they will tomorrow.”

Reuters reported that he assured the people, “The perpetrators will be punished as they deserve.”

Bekir Bozdag, Turkey’s justice minister, was quoted by Anadolu as saying that a woman had sat on a bench in the street for more than 40 minutes before getting up just before the explosion, suggesting that the bomb was either timed to go off or was detonated from a distance.

Condemnations of the act and expressions of sympathy for the victims have flooded in from a wide range of countries, including Ukraine, Britain, Italy, Egypt, and Greece, among others.

The attack’s perpetrator has not yet been identified.

A soccer stadium in Istanbul was the target of twin explosions in December 2016, resulting in up to 38 fatalities and 155 injuries. An offshoot of the PKK, which Turkey, the US, and the European Union (EU) have all labelled as terrorist organisations, has previously claimed responsibility.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest News

This winter, France could experience “some days” of power outages. operating a grid

Published

on

Government representatives from the region have been asked to make sure that patients receiving life-saving medical attention are informed three days in advance of any power outages so they can be moved to alternative facilities.

As the government informed local authorities on how to handle any potential outages, the president of French power grid operator RTE indicated on Thursday that France may see “several days”this winter, when a lack of electricity could cause blackouts.

Xavier Piechaczyk said on France Info radio that while there are hazards in the circumstances, power outages are not necessarily a given.

Piechaczyk adhered to the final supply forecast issued by the agency, which had warned of potential shortages in January.

As of December 1, we had 35 gigawatts of nuclear power available; our goal is to increase that to between 40 and 41 on January 1 and to roughly 43 by the end of the month, compared to a total capacity of 61.

The projection, according to Piechaczyk, was based on the EDF nuclear maintenance timetable, and some extra delays were already foreseen.

EDF’s network of nuclear reactors has experienced an unprecedented number of outages, bringing nuclear output to a 30-year low as Europe rushes to replace Russian gas supplies that Moscow shut off in response to sanctions the European Union imposed over its invasion of Ukraine.

According to RTE’s scenario, there is a chance that “some days this winter” may see Ecowatt, the nation’s electricity monitoring app, flash a red warning. It would be necessary to load customers partially off the power grid as a result.

Piechaczyk stated that the app has not yet been used by enough individuals.”Our app has been downloaded by around 300,000 people, and we have 470,000,000,000 SMS alert subscribers. We need to conduct more advertising because that is not enough, he remarked.

According to analysts cited by Reuters, the first power outages might start as early as Monday due to the chilly weather.

If we remain at 35 GW, Monday of the following week might become quite tight, warned Refinitiv analyst Nathalie Gerl. We forecast consumption at typically seasonal average levels, but 35 GW of nuclear power would not be enough to meet a fictitious peak demand of 73 GW.

We don’t anticipate a red alert until the end of 2022, said Frederic Lefort, head of business and administrative clients at Engie, one of the major power providers, during a Thursday event.

PARTIAL LOAD SHEDDING

According to Reuters, the French government has delivered legally binding guidelines outlining the proper way to prioritize electricity allocation to regional government authorities. Additionally, it exhorts them to consult with local businesses and authorities to ensure that all emergency power generators are operational.

The government stated in the instructions that any planned outages “should not affect more than 4 million people at the same time,” and that any local load-shedding procedures should not run longer than two hours and will be announced by RTE at 5 p.m. local time the day before.

According to the rules, critical locations like hospitals can be exempted, but schools should be closed on days when there aren’t enough supplies available.

Additionally, regional government representatives were requested to make sure that patients seeking life-saving medical attention had three days’ warning of potential power outages so they could be moved to alternative places.

Continue Reading

Latest News

According to Buckingham Palace, a Member of the Royal Service Resigned After Making Racial Remarks

Published

on

By

member of the royal service resigned after making racial remarks

After claims of racism were made by Prince Harry and his wife Meghan in an interview with Oprah Winfrey in March 2021, the incident is the most recent to involve the royal family.

A representative for the British royal family said on Wednesday that a member of the household had resigned after making “unacceptable and extremely unfortunate” remarks to a woman at a formal reception at Buckingham Palace about her race and nationality.

When Ngozi Fulani, a British-born employee of a domestic abuse support organization, attended an event on Tuesday that was hosted by King Charles’s wife Camilla, the queen consort, a royal 

“Because we take this problem very seriously, we are immediately initiating an inquiry to gather all of the evidence.” According to a statement from a representative for Buckingham Palace, in this scenario, abhorrent and highly terrible comments have been made.

Following accusations made by Prince Harry and his wife Meghan in an interview with Oprah Winfrey in March 2021, the incident is the most recent to involve the royal family in racial accusations.

In the interview, Meghan claimed that an unnamed family member had enquired about the potential skin colour of their son Archie before his birth.

The alleged incident clearly hurt the monarchy, which pledged to treat any such matters seriously, and led Harry’s older brother Prince William, the heir to the throne, to make a comment days later.

“Our family is not at all racist.”

According to Buckingham Palace, the person involved in the most recent incident, identified by Fulani as Lady SH, would like to apologize for the hurt caused and has resigned from her honorary position with immediate effect.

The conversation took place at a reception at the palace for violence against women and girls. Olena Zelenska, the first lady of Ukraine, Queen Mathilde of Belgium, and Queen Rania of Jordan were among the attendees.

In a statement shared on Twitter, Fulani, who works for Sistah Space, a nonprofit that supports women of African and Caribbean descent who have experienced abuse, claimed that about 10 minutes after arriving, an aide approached her and moved her hair so she could see her name badge.

She allegedly said, “I am born here and am British,” when asked repeatedly from what region of Africa she was originally from, according to Fulani.

No, but where are you actually from, and where are your people from, the assistant said.

Despite efforts to increase the number of employees from ethnic minorities, a top royal source claimed that Buckingham Palace had not done enough to promote diversity last year.

Ngozi Fulani has been contacted about this and is being invited to talk in person about all aspects of her experience, according to a palace official.

Continue Reading

Latest News

Data Shows that Nonreligious People are Growing While Christians are Declining in England

Published

on

By

Christians are declining in England

According to the most recent census, less than half of individuals in England and Wales identify as Christians. This is the first time a minority of people have practiced the nation’s official religion.

In the ten years after the last census, Britain has gotten less white and less religious, according to data from the 2021 census released on Tuesday by the Office for National Statistics.

On the day of the 2021 census, 46.2% of the people in England and Wales identified as Christians, down from 59.3% a decade earlier. The percentage of Muslims increased from 4.9% to 6.5% of the overall population, while the percentage of Hindus increased from 1.5% to 1.7%.

37% of respondents, an increase from 25% in 2011, claimed to have no faith.

The census results for Scotland and Northern Ireland are reported separately from the rest of the United Kingdom.

Campaigners for secularism stated that the change should prompt a reconsideration of how deeply ingrained religion is in British culture. The monarch is the “defender of the faith” and the head of the church in the United Kingdom, which also has publicly funded Church of England schools and houses Anglican bishops in the House of Commons.

According to Andrew Copson, CEO of the nonprofit Humanists U.K., the U.K. is now “probably likely one of the least religious countries on Earth” as a result of “the huge expansion of the non-religious.”

The disparity between the people and the state itself, he claimed, is one of the results’ most striking features. “No state in Europe has such a religious setup in terms of legislation and public policy, while yet having such a nonreligious populace,” said the author.

Stephen Cottrell, the Archbishop of York and one of the most senior clergymen in the Church of England, said the statistics was “not a tremendous surprise,” but it was a reminder to Christians to be more active in spreading their faith.

We are past the time when most people almost always identified as Christians, but other polls consistently demonstrate that the same people are still looking for spiritual guidance, wisdom, and a set of principles to live by”,he said.

In the census, almost 82% of persons in England and Wales identified as white, a decrease from 86% in 2011. Nine percent of respondents identified as Asian, four percent as Black, three percent as coming from “mixed or numerous” ethnic backgrounds, and two percent as belonging to another ethnic group.

Continue Reading

Trending